Almond Plum Tart2019-09-21
- Servings: 6-8 Servings
- Cook Time: 1:15 h
Average Member Rating
(0 / 5)
0 People rated this recipe
Almond Plum Tart is a Cake ?
Yes you can Say it Cake because it is Delicious Like a Cake and Easy to make for All Like You
Ingredients for Almond Plum Tart
- 1 & 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/3 Cup Shortening
- 3 To 4 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 8 To 10 Plums
- 1 Cup Finely Ground Almonds
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Finely Shredded Lemon Peel
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/3 Cup Currant Jelly, Melted
Direction for Almond Plum Tart
- For Pastry, Stir Together The Flour, The 2 Teaspoons Sugar, And Salt. Cut In Shortening Till Pieces Are The Size Of Small Peas. Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon Of The Water Over Part Of The Mixture, Gently Toss With A Fork. Push To Side Of Bowl, Repeat Till All Is Moistened. Form Dough Into A Ball.
- On A Lightly Floured Surface Roll Dough Into A 12 Inch Circle. Transfer To A 9 Inch Quiche Dish. Trim Edges Of Dough Even With Rim Of Pan.
- Halve And Pit Plums. In A Mixer Bowl, Combine Almonds, The 1/2 Cup Sugar, Egg, Lemon Peel, Cinnamon, And Almond Extract. Beat With Electric Mixer On Low Speed Till Combined. Spread Almond Mixture Evenly In Pastry Shell. Place Plums, Cut Side Down, Atop Almond Mixture. Dot With Butter.
- Bake In A 375F Oven 50 Minutes Or Until Crust Is Brown And Juice From Plums Is Nearly Evaporated. Cool On Wire Rack. Brush Top With Melted Jelly.